Captives are closely held insurance companies, owned and operated for the sole benefit of their member policyholders.
- Return of underwriting profit in the form of a dividend
- Initial premium funding that’s often less than conventional insurance program costs
- Investment income earned on the dollars in your loss fund
- Tax advantages
- Mandatory, extensive loss control training, which ultimately reduces exposure to losses
- Individual participation by members according to their interests or expertise
- Long-term premium stability